US News & World Report issued their rankings for the top 10 hospitals for pediatric cardiology and heart surgery in the country. Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston earned the top spot in the nation, among 50 pediatric centers that were ranked in cardiology care.
- Texas Children's Hospital – Houston, Texas
- Boston Children's Hospital – Boston, Massachusetts
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago – Chicago, Illinois
- University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital – Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center – Cincinnati, Ohio
- Children's Hospital Colorado – Aurora, Colorado
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles – Los Angeles, California
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- New York-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley-Komansky Children's Hospital – New York, New York
Survival after complex heart surgery, the ability to prevent infections and “other data collected from a detailed US News clinical survey of children’s hospitals” produced 91 percent of each hospitals overall ranking. The other 8 percent was reflective of respondents’ (specialists and subspecialists) nominations from survey data collected in 2015, 2016 and 2017.