The latest version of TrakCare, Intersystems' web-based healthcare information system, includes new capabilities for optimizing workflow, harnessing live data and minimizing adverse drug events, according to the Cambridge, Mass.-based company.
The new version includes:
- A clinician priority workbench that enables clinicians to assess, prioritize and take action on workloads related to all their patients from a single screen;
- Functionality to enable clinicians to view and manage scheduled clinic appointments and bookings for operating rooms, meetings, tasks to be completed, current patient lists, unread results, pending orders and pending discharges;
- Clinical consultation capabilities for recording details, clinical notes, tasks or actions required to complete a patient consultation;
- DeepSee, embedded InterSystems business intelligence software that facilitates business process analysis and optimization using live operational data; and
- New medication management functions aimed at minimizing adverse drug events.
With an electronic patient record at its core, TrakCare enables authorized users to securely access and update patient information via a single log-on from anywhere they have access to the internet, the company stated.