GE Healthcare added another notch to its partnership with Steris by receiving 510(k) clearance from the FDA to use its Innova x-ray digital angiography system to perform minimally invasive surgery at the 21st annual Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) conference.
Along with the angio system, the Minimally Invasive Surgery suite includes:
- Fully integrated intravascular ultrasound (IVUS);
- 3D rotational angiography;
- Customizable dose preferences by protocol, patient and physician;
- Vascular tilting table;
- Mac-Lab hemodynamic recording system with integrated PACS, and
- anesthesia delivery, monitoring systems and surgical lights.
The partnership with Steris also offers customers 3D virtual planning optimization. Using a 3D model, customers can arrange and rearrange equipment in a hybrid cath lab environment to ensure everything fits with no potential interference. Attendees at the TCT meeting got a chance to build and design a virtual OR, spin the C-arm to gauge its proximity to other equipment, tilt the table and move lighting.
GE also has teamed with Carrot Medical to offer customers the option of installing a 56-inch high-resolution monitor into the cath lab. The monitor integrates audio and video and allows up to 16 inputs.