Since the clinical benefits of fractional flow reserve (FFR) were confirmed with the release of the FAME study in January 2009, the technology has gained wider adoption. To assess its impact on contemporary cath labs, five interventionalists came together from across the U.S. to discuss the economic considerations.
- David R. Holmes, MD, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Salman A. Arain, MD, Tulane University, New Orleans, La.
- David Cohen, MD, St. Luke’s Mid America Heart Institute, Kansas City, Mo.
- William F. Fearon, MD, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, Calif.
- Peter Ver Lee, MD, Northeast Cardiology Associates, Bangor, Maine.