To optimize outcomes for PCI procedures, new technologies have emerged to assist interventionalists with patient selection, clinical decision making and post-stent assessment. With fractional flow reserve (FFR) gaining more adoption since the release of the FAME trial in 2009, physicians are now exploring newer complementary intravascular imaging technologies, such as optical coherence tomography (OCT). To assess the impact in U.S. cath labs, five interventional cardiologist luminaries discussed the practice management considerations.
- William F. Fearon, MD, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, Calif.
- David R. Holmes, MD, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Michael J. Rinaldi, MD, Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute, Charlotte, N.C.
- Thomas Tu, MD, Baptist Medical Associates, Louisville, Ky.
- Mark A. Turco, MD, Washington Adventist Hospital, Takoma Park, Md.