Join Dr. Michael Pfeiffer, assistant professor of medicine, cardiology, at Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute for a discussion on 3D volume echocardiography of the right heart. Hear how volume echocardiography enables more effective echo evaluation in adult congenital heart patients with quantifiable numbers and estimates of systolic function and volumes as well as easy patient followup. He also details how 3D volume echo also offers advantages in terms of visualization, affordability and access over MRI—and improvements in workflow for inpatients, outpatients and physicians.
Key Takeaways Include:
- How to integrate single beat full volume echocardiography into your practice.
- Discover the importance for patients with ischemic heart disease, mitral valve regurgitation, and those being treated for cancer.
- See the success of automated software in measuring endocardial contours.
- Find out how hemodynamic data are improving patient outcomes.
- Hear the arguments on 3D echocardiography's validation as compared to cardiac MR as the gold standard.