Pittsburgh, PA, February 7, 2018 — DoctorsReport.com, the new Website and mobile app that give you instant access to data doctors report from almost one million doctors’ offices across the nation, has released its current list of the nation’s 14 Influenza hot spots (by metro area) in the country.
The Doctors Report Illness Tracker™ draws from a national database of doctor-diagnosed and reported cases over the past seven days. Specific locations are ranked according to the Doctors Report illness severity scale, with 10 being most severe and 0 being least severe:
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI, 9.5
- Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC, 9.5
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA, 9.0
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA, 9.0
- Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN, 8.0
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL, 7.5
- Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD, 7.0
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV, 7.0
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX, 6.5
- Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA, 6.0
- Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, MD, 5.5
- Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI, 5.0
- Pittsburgh, PA, 5.0
- Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, MI, 4.5
The current severity rankings for Flu A, a different category of influenza, which can be severe are:
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL, 8.5
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA, 7.0
- Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, MD, 7.0
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI, 6.0
- Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC, 6.0
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA, 5.5
- Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI, 4.5
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL, 4.5
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX, 4.0
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV, 4.0
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA, 4.0
- Pittsburgh, PA, 4.0
Influenza (“flu") is a respiratory illness caused by viruses infecting the nose, throat and lungs. The flu can be severe and, especially for the young and very weak, be life threatening. Flu-related illnesses that can result include pneumonia, asthma and dehydration.
Please note - the Influenza A virus also may be serious, especially for infants, elderly and immune compromised people. The Doctors Report™ Illness Tracker™ provides a separate report on outbreaks of Influenza A virus in your area or other areas you search.
About the Doctors Report Severity Scale
DoctorsReport.com has developed a proprietary set of algorithms for gauging the severity of 15 common illnesses. The major factors that define the severity scale are: number of diagnosed and reported cases from actual doctors’ offices; comparisons to other geographic locations; and comparisons to historical trends for the same area.
About the Doctors Report Website and App
Doctors Report is a new website and app, powered by data from almost one million doctors’ offices nationwide. The data from doctors’ offices is cycled automatically and continually so that it is as fresh as seven days old or fewer. Doctors Report tracks 15 major disease and condition categories. Additional health risk categories will be added. The geographic accuracy of the data can be narrowed to zip code and broken down by health condition and age group. For more information on the website and app, and to download it, visit www.doctorsreport.com.