The 2012 American College of Cardiology scientific sessions (ACC.12) will feature a new practice performance, improvement and administration pathway to help practice administrators and other cardiovascular professionals navigate the myriad changes in the practice landscape.
The pathway features daily educational programming featuring practical advice from experts, as well as case studies showcasing best practices on topics like health IT, hospital integration, cardiovascular service line management, medical liability and health care reform impacts.
“Attendees will find programming that addresses the challenges that cardiovascular professionals face in clinical practice today, as well as programming that provides them with the tools to adapt to the changing healthcare environment and deliver quality care to their patients,” says Jerome L. Hines, MD, co-chair of the practice performance, improvement and administration track.
Attendees will learn what’s new in physician compensation models, explore the ins and outs of data collection for quality reporting, and participate in sessions on coding and coding and reimbursement, added Co-Chair Jerry D. Kennett, MD. In addition, the ACC/MedAxiom/American College of Cardiology Adminstrators (ACCA) series on physician-hospital integration will deliver critical tips for success in negotiating contracts, defining physician value, avoiding pitfalls and making it all work.
A sampling of the practice management sessions follows:
- Saturday, March 24, 8-9:30am: How to Code and Get Reimbursed, McCormick Place North, N231
- Saturday, March 24, 12:15-1:45 pm: The Challenges in Daily Practice, McCormick Place North, N230
- Saturday, March 24, 4:30-6 pm: IT, Medicine and the Future, McCormick Place North, N230
- Sunday, March 25, 2-3:30 pm: EHR Lessons from the Trenches, McCormick Place North, N227b
- Monday, March 26, 8-9:30 am: ACC/MedAxiom/ACCA: Cardiovascular Service Lines, McCormick Place South, S105a
- Monday, March 26, 2-3:30 pm: Issues That Have Caused Medical Professional Liability Claims, McCormick Place South, S504a
Check the Program Update ACC.12 Final Program or the ACC.12 eMeeting Planner for additional sessions in the imaging, quality of care and outcomes assessment, as well as the practice Performance, improvement and administration learning pathways. In addition, special 15-minute educational sessions will also take place on Saturday and Sunday in ACC Central (Booth #10027).