The Heart Rhythm Society will name two winners of its Young Investigator Awards on May 9 at a ceremony during its 2014 annual scientific session in San Francisco.
Finalists will present their research on May 8. An international panel of judges will select one winner in the basic science category and one winner in the clinical category for awards worth $1,000 each.
- Constanze Schmidt, MD, of the University of Heidelberg in Germany;
- Nicole J. Boczek, BA, of Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.;
- Faisal Syed, MBChB, of the Mayo Clinic in Rochester;
- Moore B. Shoemaker, MD, of Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn.; and
- Michael C.G. Wong, MBBS, of Royal Melbourne Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.
To be eligible, the investigators had to be a physician or scientist in a residency, fellowship, or doctoral training program or who had recently been in such a program.
Honorable mentions will each receive $500.